Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I feel proud

In this moment I feel proud of us. While across the globe there are countries fighting against the ethnicity next door, America has just elected an African-American president. All the analyses say that race played no role. It's hard to imagine that that is even possible. We are still a beacon to the world. We overcame our deepest bigotry, and you can too.

John McCain gave the best speech of his run this evening.

P.S. The worst thing about Republicans is when they stand in front of a crowd of red necked white people and call them the "real Americans." We are all the real Americans. I want to say this as unambiguously as possible--this is the reason I have never voted for a Republican. I never want my vote to be an insult to another American.

If they wished to refer to themselves as stereotypical Americans, I would have no objection.

No comments: